Monday, May 15, 2006

The Weekend

Friday night we went to Dylan's apartment to watch a movie with a bunch of church folks. At Blockbuster, the video-store girl took my Blockbuster card, and before I realized what was happening, she was on the phone with the store in St. Elmo's, in Chattanooga. I guess she wanted to verify something or other... anyway - while she was on hold I told her that I hadn't been to the Chat-town video store in about 7 years... so she hung up and called our usual Blockbuster (in Toronto...)

On the way back from the video store, Adrienne realized that she was not wearing the diamond ring that was from her grandmother. When we got back to the apartment, we searched everywhere for it. Eventually she and D took the flashlight and decided to retrace their steps...

Being a bunch of church kids, we prayed quickly before they set out, although I felt a little bit silly doing so. The rest of us kept looking around the apartment while they were gone. After about half an hour, they returned WITH THE RING! They found it lying beside the curb where we had crossed Spadina. Nobody could believe it. I'm pretty sure it was a real-deal miracle. A) they found it, in the dark, along the half a mile or so stretch that we had walked... B) nobody found it before them, on Spadina, on a Friday night.

Eventually, we watched the movie - the Jacket. It was a pretty good time-travel movie (despite the few holes and unexplained/irrelevant things that could have been tied together a little more.)

Saturday - we went to Jamie's housewarming party, which was fun.

Sunday - I ran sound at church (which means church took up the whole afternoon and evening...) It's funny that all of the non-volunteer sound running at my previous church prepared me for helping out at Freedomize...

No comments: