Thursday, May 11, 2006

The day that is Thurday


So we presented our proposal for the Orphan Spaces design competition at the Design Exchange yesterday. I was pretty pleased with our project, overall. I think we managed to pull off a fairly interesting idea, after being assigned a rather uninteresting site. Our panels looked great and our presentation went well. I definitely thought that we were one of the best 3 projects... (one of the other 2 actually ended up winning).

Afterwards, I was part of a discussion panel moderated by Ian Chodikoff (editor of Canadian Architect). Overall it went pretty well. I was pleased that Matt Blackett, of the m@b comic (and Spacing Magazine creative director and publisher - the guys that came up with the genius subway station buttons) was also on the panel.

Oh yeah - the whole event was kicked off by a photo-op visit and short speech by David Miller.

In other news, check out Pitchfork's review of Danielson's latest effort (9.1!)

No comments: