Monday, May 29, 2006

Monday



Today is one of those days that I forgot to bring my headphones to work.
It is also the first day of bike-yo-ass-to-work week in Toronto. To celebrate (not really, I think it had something to do with unions fighting managements), the TTC staged a surprise Monday morning strike. This means that all the of the inexperienced bikers (like myself) had to deal with bumper to bumper irate drivers. Luckily I take the 'back roads', and I didn't even notice a difference until I emerged from the cemetary onto Mt Pleasant. The endless stream of southbound traffic actually made it easier to cross the street and continue on my northbound way.

So - the weekend!?

Friday - running around... groceries... elders' meeting...
Saturday - running around buying a juicer (used), a bike helmet (necessary), a microphone (except the store was closed... so no microphone), visiting Debbie at her new apartment (pimped - rooftop patio overlooking Future's bakery)... etc...
Sunday - more running around, to Kinkos (evil), buying a bike lock (expensive), and then to church (good, as usual, and I didn't have to run sound 'cause Justin wanted to - special bonus was listening to Johnny Cash sing his devil-music for most of setup)... Afterwards we went to Fresh (with the yuppie/artster/hipster crowd) for dinner...

That is all...

1 comment:

AZD said...

I didn't know about the strike until I got to work - I actually thought everyone was driving their car to work to protest the 'bike yourself to work week'. Part of my tendency to think the worst of people I guess :(