Monday, February 20, 2006

Type a question for help

I just noticed that Outlook has a little box in the top right corner that says 'Type a question for help'. I'd never noticed it before, so I gave it a try.

I was surprised to receive, almost instantly, 30 results from Office Online, all of which I assume offer some insight into the question at hand; 'why am i here'.

I have yet to read any of the full articles, but I will give you the titles of a few...

Send and receive messages
Create and print a single envelope
Delete a record permanently
Display tips and messages through the Office Assistant
Create a contact
Don't prompt me to work offline

I'm not sure whether that last one was an offer of advice, or some sort of protest. Either way, I am fairly sure that we don't have to worry about robots developing self-awareness and enslaving us all for at least a few more years.

No comments: