Friday, February 24, 2006

Friday!!

So last night I went to the House of Lords to get my hair cut. A lot of people don't like that place, but I do. Whether you get a good haircut or not, it is open late, and has crazy loud techno beats going non-stop. Also, it has a long history of serving Toronto's rockers.

I also learned that the more fabulously gay the person cutting your hair is, the more better your hair cut will tend to be. Not to pigeonhole people, but I'm just saying - the dude with the self-inflicted mohawk mullet gave me the haircut that I wanted. We talked about the fact that I'm South African, from Georgia, and that my parents live in Waco (always a good factoid to mention, if you want to freak out some folks).

Afterwards, I went to HMV where Leah was playing some crazy 60's era John Cage type CD. For some reason, customers didn't seem that into browsing music to the sound of a single word, repeated for like 4 minutes. After some of that weirdness, she put on some classical guitar versions of Beatles tunes.

No comments: