Wednesday, February 01, 2006

February

On the streetcar this morning, I 'excuse me'-and-pushed my way to the back, where there were a couple of empty seats. I was reading Blue Like Jazz (recommended, by the way - as if you haven't heard, or read it yet, for that matter), and drinking my flavoured, cheap coffee.

A kid and his dad got on, and the kid got the last empty seat next to me. The dad kept worrying that his son was being too loud, and that he was hitting me with his kid backpack, 'cause he kept turning around to look out the back window, and then back again to say stuff to his dad. He was pretty excited at one point by the multitude of birds sitting on the powerlines along the side of the street. He told his dad to look, and, as his dad was responding for him to not be so loud (the kid was not loud at all - so it was pretty funny) and to sit down, I heard saying to himself as he stared up out the window - 'all those black dots' and then I kind of laughed when he wondered, 'what are they doing?'

No comments: