Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Time for a new bike...?

Yesterday, on my way home from work, I stopped in at Loblaws to pick up a coupla largish sacks of cat litter, and some other assorted grocery items.
I also took the opportunity to pump up my back tire, which keeps getting soft... and the whole valve ripped off. Good times.

So I loaded up the groceries in my basket, and proceeded to push my bike home. Luckily, I passed the bike store on the way, and it was still open... So I took the bike in, and the guy noticed that I also had a broken spoke (this must have been a pretty new feature, 'cause I hadn't noticed it). This means that I could not just buy a new tube, but had to leave the whole bike with him to fix...

So, I proceeded to carry the groceries home, without shopping bags. And then it started to rain. It was almost funny.

Turns out that I can't load up my bike like I do. Being a road bike, it can't handle carrying things like groceries, as well as my hulking weight... This makes the bike close to not-at-all-usefull.

Craigslist ???

4 comments:

the color j said...

I'm selling a bike, for a ridiculous $450. Also, tell me about beans and seeds... Also, yes, David Bazan is a pansy, that's why he writes good songs. Also, I'm taller than you.

Anonymous said...

Jesse

I buy cars for $450. Well, I did once...

Yeah - DB can write a good tune, I'll give him that.

And beans and seeds? That was going to be a website where Leah and I track the progress of our home-grown herbs and spices... But since we don't have internet at home, I haven't really been uploading any progress pictures...

And yes, you are taller.

AZD said...

http://toronto.craigslist.org/bik/330960256.html

sue said...

trent -- i might be interesting in buying your broken bike off you.. if it fits me.