Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Recording

Leah and I both woke up in a bad mood. I don't know why - maybe grey and windy and cold has something to do with it. I put on some Tom Waits while she was in the shower, and it seemed to fit the weather perfectly.

Last night we did not make it to the Gem. I hope to get back there soon, as I haven't been in two weeks now. I miss it.

Instead, we went to an apartment down on Queen West so that Leah could play some flute parts for an Ohbijou song. It is a great song (in the key of twee...), and Leah had fun playing. It sounded good. Turns out the guy doing the recording produced the Final Fantasy album. His apartment is a crazy mess of computers, mics, and assorted gear. Owen's harpsichord is even sitting in what I think was the bedroom, amidst instruments, posters, and more gear. It was neat watching him record; he seemed to make it effortless.

I sat in the corner, by the window-sill of ironically ghetto beer cans (the can design reminded me of store-brand diet cola - all cheap and gold and silver...), and answered questions about what I do and how Leah and I met. It was fun.

No comments: