Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Reading, 'riting, and rocking out...

I finally finished GenX this morning on the bus... I was getting tired of rereading it, so I had to finish it in order to be done. I agree with sentiments that Dougie C. tends to write stories along similar parallel lines. I still think that LAG whoops the papery buttocks of his other books.
I am looking forward to seeing the park he is co-designing for downtown TO.

Next topic...
I have started a writing project of sorts. If it goes anywhere at all, maybe you will one day hear more about it.
If all goes well, I will be part of a design team taking part in a design charette competition at the Design Exchange. It will be good to engage the cob-webbed spatial design corners of my mind, assuming I can find my way back to them.

And Rocking...
Last night L and I went to see Dan Howlett and Joe Grass play at the Red Guitar. Danger rocked out on bass guitar. Although I regret not sleeping as much as I'd like to, it was worth seeing them play - they are all darn good, and occasionally there songs reminded me of James Taylor / Mark Knopfler / Bruce Cockburn... even Bob Dylan. Just that old-guy vibe of writing and playing good songs, telling good stories, and in this case, appreciating the landscape of small-town Canada.
Today I am listening to U.S.E.'s album, turned way up.

1 comment:

Leah said...

My Lord God, I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think I am following Your will does not mean that I am actually doing so. But I believe that the desire to please You does in fact please You. And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing. I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire. And I know that, if I do this, You will lead me by the right road, though I may know nothing about it. Therefore I will trust You always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for You are ever with me, and You will never leave me to face my perils alone.
~Thomas Merton
Thoughts in Solitude