Monday, March 20, 2006

It's Monday...

so that means it's time for the weekend update.

Friday - we went to Don and Kevin's to hang out with the team, minus Kevin and Jen. I was really tired, so it was less fun than it should have been.

Saturday - We went to the library in the morning - I checked out a couple of books. After stopping in at Nova Era, Leah had to go to Mike's to play music. I went with her, just to help carry gear. After listening to some of the Loitering Heroes recordings-in-progress, I took off. I wanted to go to Mitchell's (Christian bookstore) and IKEA, and I thought I could do both by heading over to Islington. I made the trek out to the middle of nowhere, only to discover that Mitchell's is pretty lame and mildly depressing. At least that's how I found it this time.

For some reason everything is arranged according to some bizarre cataloging system that means you cannot find ANYTHING that you are looking for without asking for help. Also, I'm not convinced there is much there worth looking for. There were a few books on post-modern emerging church stuff that I couldn't be bothered with, and one on contemplative prayer, that held my interest for about 2 seconds, until I realized it was a 'new', 'contemporary', 'contextualized' version of The Practice Of The Presence of God, by Brother Lawrence. Of course, they didn't seem to have the Brother Lawrence version of the book (which, I might add, is probably 5-10 times shorter).

Afterwards I got back on the bus in the hopes that it would take me to the terrifying blue and yellow world of IKEA. Instead, I rode the bus around the Islington and Lakeshore area for about an hour, finally ending up back at the subway station. I didn't really mind though, and I managed to finish Paul Auster's Red Notebook.

That night we ended up watching Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Kazakhstan, with Don and Mike. It was my first exposure ever to Harry Potter, and I thought it was pretty decent.

Sunday - laundry, and then church. Setting up all the sound gear was smoother than ever, and church was good, as usual. Afterwards we went to see this band that a friend is in - so today I am tired, as usual.

No comments: