Monday, April 30, 2007

Weekend Update

On Friday night we did nothing - instead of the two or so birthday gatherings we could have attended, we went to bed early.

On Saturday I slept in (this means getting up at 9!), and then went to Lisa's place to give her some Freedomize India CD cash. I also swung by the hardware store and the vet, to pick up random things we needed (to fill holes in walls, and to fill the bellys of cat-beasts).
I then did the rest of our Canadian taxes ( hooray - we get some cash back )... Now I just have to file our US forms and I'll be done (yes, I get an extension for living in a far-off land).

That evening, Leah and I went out for dinner, and then were going to go and see a movie. Because there was nothing showing that we really wanted to see, we ended up at Future Shop, where we purchased a portable DVD player. The sales guy was very helpful - and tried to sell us a TV and DVD player, 'cause it would be cheaper and bigger and have actual real speakers... but we have developed a dislike for TVs, and opted for something that can instead fold up and fit on a bookshelf when not in use.

And then we went home and watched Marie Antoinette from the comfort of our bed. (After talking to my parents, who left the next morning for 10 days in Mongolia!)

On Sunday we went for a run with some church peeps. It was sunny, and we met down by the lakeshore.
And then we went to church. Afterwards we went to Sushi on Bloor with Jen and Anne and Joel. Good times with good people.

The end.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Sushi on Bloor rocks! It is my fav sushi restaurant. Also, when I saw Marie Antionette (I was with my 5 guy friend and I was the only one who wanted to see the Departed) I didn't know the historical story so I was so confused with the "sudden ending"