Monday, April 23, 2007

Get to Work

For whatever reason, I have spent too much time today looking up info on the Pochinko method of clowning, instead of doing real work (actually, it was sparked by this blog post, if you wanna see how weird my thought processes can be). Turns out I haven't been able to find much on the old interweb, other than some pretty sparse info on its pretty pagan genesis (spirit guides and everything)... and the fact that clowning workshops are pretty freaking expensive.

Anyway - from my perspective (read: total ignorance), clowning seems pretty fascinating. I think it has something to do with the level of self examination and awareness required to clown well - if I ever made any moves in a theatrical direction (read: pretty freaking unlikely!), it would probably involve a white face and a red nose.



Maybe it's because I have clown blood in me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

P.S.
I wonder if there are any Ignatian Pochinko Clown Troupes (does Jen McN have a posse?!) in the world... 'cause the two seem like they could somehow go together, in an oh-so-pomo 'emergent church' kinda way...

ButterPeanut said...

1. i hope jen mc n gets an ignation pochinko clown posse going.

2. i think you could make a good clown.