Monday, January 29, 2007

Weekender

Lemme see...

Friday night we went to the Central - the Loitering Heroes played. It was a pretty good show. Those who were not there (pretty much everybody) missed seeing, among other things, Danger Herring snap a string on his upright bass. This is indeed a strange and unusual occurence.

Saturday - we went to the mall. Leah went to the gym (at the mall), and I finally bought some new pants. I wore the pants all weekend. I also bought the Wolfmother CD. This is for Leah, and not for me. I blame Jen.

That evening we went to see the notorious production of friend Kate's play. I actually enjoyed myself, although I won't deny that after a while I got kinda bored. It was fun to see Kate do her thing, albeit in probably the worst play.

Ever.

In the history of plays.

We also got to meet Lisa's cousin, Carolin, who will be in town for a while.

Sunday - we practiced for church. Then we went to church. Nothing was ready, so our sound-check/song run-through was enormously abbreviated. This made things a bit stressful for me... since I was singing, drumming, and melodica-ing... and sometimes trying to do more than one of these at a time.

Also, we had a guest speaker kick our arses for us. Dr David Barker gave an introduction to the OT prophetic books, which we will be focusing on at church for the next while. During his sermon he mentioned that the primary measure, in the whole bible, of people following God (with their hearts and not just their rule-keeping), was whether they took care of the poor/marginalized.

Yikes.

1 comment:

AZD said...

Yes, Dr. Barker's sermon was hardcore, I've been praying ever since about how I can help the widow, orphan and marginalized.

David and I were planning on showing up at the Central, until his sinuses almost exploded that night. Too bad.

WOLFMOTHER!!!