Monday, January 22, 2007

Le Corbusier

Let's make up a name...
I just finished reading the first third of a book on Corb, Mies and F.L.Wright, so I was extra interested to learn about this building. It was just finished at the end of last year, forty odd years after Corbu's death. Still crazy after all these years...

Before I went to a graduate school run by young Harvard grads (where I learned the phrase 'what would Rem do?'), I went to a more established undergraduate school, where Corb was still king. Occasionally, we would 'modulate', striking a pose in mock/real homage to the 'master'.

After all he did change the world... and make me love concrete... and is pretty much responsible for all the fat black framed glasses across the world. Also - he is the only architect for whom I have made a pilgrimage.

1 comment:

/dr. said...

i want to go to church in the cone.

/dr.
ps. i hope they call it "church in the cone"