Monday, January 22, 2007

Weekend


Here's the story...

A large part of the weekend was spent getting ready for church on Sunday. I played drums, and Leah made her plugged in debut... It was kinda scary, but fun.

On Friday, I called Delvyn to leave him a birthday greeting... He never answered his phone - after all, it was call-in-sick Friday...

On Saturday morning, I went for a walk in Cedarvale. The entire park was a sheet of ice, and there were plenty of kids having insane fun sliding down the massive hill. They would slide half the way across the cricket field. There was also a mom and toddler with an old-school toboggan - they were a strange mix between a Norman Rockwell painting and a Roots catalogue photo...

We spent most of the afternoon/evening at the studio. Mae and Jen came over that evening to take pictures and make stuff out of metal. I locked us out of our apartment, so I had to do the spider-man/sketchy-guy-in-a-hoodie-and-flip-flops/Paul Hubble thing, and break in. Also - I made some actually good vegan/wife-friendly cookies that day - out of tofu and tree-bark (not entirely untrue, I guess, since they did involve cinnamon - no tofu though...)

Sunday - I called Reeve to wish him a happy quarter century. He was sitting on his porch eating breakfast.
Church was good. Afterwards we ate at KNB. That place is sweet. After afterwards we went to Second Spin. Leah was inspired by the Ongoing History of New Music Goth show, so we purchased the Crow soundtrack. I was inspired by heaven knows what, so I picked up some Southern Culture on the Skids (see above picture).

That is all...

Peace.

1 comment:

ButterPeanut said...

"he spider-man/sketchy-guy-in-a-hoodie-and-flip-flops/Paul Hubble thing" ...heeehee!