Monday, June 12, 2006

Weekend - take 2

Blogger just ate my weekend update...

Here goes... you now get the abbreviated version...

Friday:
>sheetloads of laundry at Bruno's laundromat... watched soccer with Bruno
>watched Dr Strangelove - learned to stop worrying, and love the bomb

Saturday:
>took the kittens to get their shots. P ended up with antibiotics for his cold instead, and will go back next week to be jabbed.
>went to Wal-mart. Not only is it evil, it is unpleasant. Also went to L&M for a mic stand.
>that evening we went for a walk in Cedarvale - we bumped into Lisa... she was finishing up her 10 mile run right as I was finishing up my decaf americano. She is hard-core, I am a white-collar yuppie...

Sunday:
>finished my US taxes, finally. As a perpetual immigrant, I get a two month extension, so I can procrastinate for an extra two months... I'm not 100% sure they are filed 100% correctly, but I am sure the government will tell me if I am wrong. Since we are way under the allowable foreign tax exemption amount, I am pretty sure I owe nothing, no matter which residency test you use to determine my residency status. Confusing? Yes. Boring? You bet...
>church was good, despite the crapping out of Leah's patch cable right as the service began... The guitar, bass, accordian combo sounded sweet... And I learned about how pastor/rapper Cyril met genius physicist/rapper Stephen Hawking (I'll go ahead and warn you that some of his lyrics might offend...)

That is all...

2 comments:

sue said...

i saw dr strangelove a couple of months ago and totally loved it. bodily fluids!

Trent said...

bodily fluids indeed!

I also found the cowboy pilot guy hilarious...