Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Wednesday

It's 2.30ish. The productive part of my work-day feels like it is over... I have spent the whole day so far working on the same building elevations, and there is only so much I can do before my brain starts going in circles.
So unless I can bash my thoughts out of a rut, and try to approach things from a different angle, I don't know if I will get much further.

Yesterday we carried a futon frame to Rachel's house. We seem to go through occasional bouts of clearing stuff out, getting more organized, and rearranging furniture/pictures/stuff... We also took some of Rachel's old cushions, and ripped out their guts to stuff some cushion covers we got as a wedding present (yes, 2.5+ years ago).

Blah, blah, blah...

Oh yeah... I realized a while ago the interesting fact that I have accumulated a handful of REM cd's (OK, 6 is maybe even more than a handful). I also own a half-read book of Flannery O'Conner short stories, and am currently re-reading Cold Sassy Tree (from the library). I never really left the South, I just kind of didn't go back, so it is funny to catch myself subconsciously collecting odd stuff from Georgia. I seem to have also, for the past 3 years or so, always had a half-full container of corn-meal in the kitchen, even though I pretty much never use the stuff for anything.

Cold Sassy Tree reminds me of an old store near Cohutta, one that is probably shut-down by now, across the street from a straight-up farmer's restaurant that my Dad took me to once. Inside the general store, on the wall, is an old picture of an airplane, standing in front of the same old store. The owner can tell you of how his father (or was it even his grandfather?) bought the plane, and ended up having no real use for it. They eventually took the wings off of it, and would ride it up and down the street.

The end.

No comments: