Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Weekend

Blogging is a bore

On Friday, I got off work a little early. I went to a bookstore and a record store. I bought A Story Like The Wind, and Herman Dune's Not On Top. I've read the book before, so I know that it is a good one. The CD is typical Herman Dune - weirdly awesome. (sample chorus lyrics - I woke up in/Seven different cities/With the same stain/Of ketchup on my khakis... check out some tunes here and here.)

That night we braved the club district on Caribana weekend to try to see Batman in Imax. Unfortunately, it was sold out, so we watched the 'regular' version instead. The theatre was so packed that Leah, Jen and I had to sit in different parts of the room. I was in the back row. I like superhero movies, and I had heard that this was the best one ever. I had also heard that the Joker performance was mind-blowing. I think I disagree with both claims. The movie was pretty good though - I think the best part was the writing of such an evil insane character (the Joker acting was good too, don't get me wrong).
Somehow, I think I might have enjoyed the Ironman and Hulk movies more... even though (because???) they took themselves less seriously. Also, every time Batman said anything, I wanted to laugh. The effects on his voice were more over-the-top than any insane clown posse.

On Saturday my uncle was in town, so Leah and I went out for dinner with him. It was great to see him, and to hear about what he, and my cousins, are up to.

On Sunday, we did laundry, and then went to church.

On Monday, we went to Cedarvale park for a picnic with Anne and Joel, and later Dan and Enoch showed up too. It was fun to sit around and do nothing. Afterwards, we watched Superman Returns at Anne and Joel's house. My weekend was bookended by Gotham and Metropolis. During the course of the movie, I managed to get a crazy headache, so we biked home and I took a shower and crashed.

Superman is by far the cheesiest of the superheroes! The movie was pretty sweet though.

No comments: