Sunday, August 24, 2008

Mid-weekend - part two

I just talked to Leah - she called from PEI - the band seems to be doing well and having a good time for the most part! It sounds like they had an amazing show in Sackville (I'm jealous that I wasn't able to hang out at a barbecue with Julie Doiron and the Sappy folks)... and a good house-party show last night.

Here is a video that Reg made (with music by the talented Mr Peter Katz)


Yesterday - after doing laundry, I went to the islands. Their was a man-shower/hangout of sorts for Andrew - although I wasn't sure where/when on the islands people were meeting. I ended up walking around by myself on the islands for about 2-3 hours (and at least 10 kilometres). It was hot and I wanted to swim, but I didn't have a bathing suit so I was out of luck.
At least I would have been were it not for the clothing optional beach at the far end of the island. Relying on my non-north american upbringing (and subsequent lack of naked-phobia), I was able to enjoy a quick swim in the lake, along with a bunch of old fat nude guys.

Eventually (reclothed) I ran into Esther, and met up with Andrew and co for a little while. Then I made my way over to the little island church. I stopped behind a bush to put on a dress-shirt and tie, and then went to watch Dylan and Joanna get married. Afterwards, David rang the church bell a bunch, and then got me to give the rope a tug too (you don't get to toll a bell everyday!) The groomsmen looked even more like Reservoir dogs once they got outside and the sunglasses came out.

We all walked over to the little coffee shop before taking the Ward's island ferry back to 'the mainland'.

2 comments:

ButterPeanut said...

what a hilarious way for you to arrive at a wedding, skinny dipping and then getting changed behind a bush. that's the true Dining Room spirit!

sue said...

I love this story! Skinny dipping and non-North America!! We are so screwed up here about nudity.