Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The Concord

Last night we went to the Concord, to see Indio Saravanja... Since Dylan gave me the heads up about this guy (who he saw play in Yellowknife last summer), and since the Concord is a) rad and b) 5 mins from our house, I figured we should check it out.
It was a pretty good show, of the Freetimes/one guitar and one mic variety - although I was a bit tired. Also, the key to a lot of Indio's songs seems to be in the storys that he is telling... which can be hard to catch, especially in some of his more wordy songs.
My faves seemed to be the ones that were about living in small Northern towns... something universal, yet super-Canadian going on (at least in my mind - see Daniel Howlett if you want more examples).

Pretty sweet though, especially since we are old and boring now, and never see any live shows any more.

2 comments:

the color j said...

you are pretty boring.

/dr. said...

DUDE! i read that he was coming to TO. that's so rad that you caught the show.

my brother joey saw indio play in a snow fort on the bay of great slave lake...in the middle of winter.

/dr.