Monday, July 23, 2007

Weekend Update

Let me see...

Friday night we wanted to go see a movie with David and Jen. After much deliberation and general apathy, we decided on Sicko. I was not expecting much more than a bad taste in my mouth, but it turned out to be pretty good. I would even go so far as to recommend it - but only if you want to see some pretty depressing things about the US of A. I think that all the personal-freedom-from-government woven into the United State's political structure left the doors wide open for corporate despots to fill the vacancy. Individualism means the right to trample your neighbour if it benefits you (especially financially).

Saturday - we went out for breakfast, which was fun. Leah is able to eat omelettes and other egg-centric foods, as long as you leave out the dairy, toast, sausage, bacon, coffee, hash-browns etc. Afterwards we disassembled various household items... including our bed.

Sunday - I picked up some empty boxes, did the laundry and the dishes, and broke out the barbecue for lunch. After church (Kate is back - hooray!) Bradley came over for pancakes and good times.

1 comment:

ButterPeanut said...

man i have the strongest desire to have you guys over and feed you.

did you know that they have a gluten-free/contains-gluten icon that goes on (most of) the food here!

I'm just sayin' ...houseboat.