Monday, March 05, 2007

Weekender

OK, here goes:

Friday -
After work, I met up with the wife and with Jen, to hang out with some people at Walmer Rd Church. Afterwards, I stopped by the McGhee's, and found out that other people have also been rocking the Slowdive recently... maybe it is seasonal??

Saturday -
In the morning I went to the city archives, to look up some info. I hadn't been to the archives since 2000, and I forgot that it is pretty cool. It is where the keepers-of-the-past for the city of Toronto work... while I was there, I picked up a copy of this picture of the Bloor viaduct bridge. This is the bridge that stars in a chapter of Michael Ondaatje's book, In the Skin of a Lion, which I recommend less for the story, and more for its legendary imagery of Toronto past.

I then came home and did some laundry. Jen came over for dinner, and then we went to a fun fundraiser for a trip to India that some folks from church are organizing. Check out some more info about the trip at this (nice) FI³ website. Props to all those involved in putting this thing on, esp. Dylan and Adrienne, for silkscreening a gazillion shirts, and to Pants, for rocking... and to Lisa, just in general!

Sunday -
I did some cleaning, and then went in search of a photocopier, to copy some songsheets for the wife.
Church was hard work for Leah - sound gear was tricky, lights were missing... I am pretty glad I was not drumming, 'cause that would have been one more musician (and 4 more mics for Bradley to troubleshoot)...
I was on 'prayer-duty', as I call it... which was a pretty good time.
Afterwards, we had pancakes for dinner...

1 comment:

Leah said...

Stop calling me "the wife"!

Grrrrrrrrr!