Friday, November 17, 2006

Friday!

So I haven't blogged in a good week or so... and I even skipped the weekend update... Let's see what you missed over the last while.

I played the drums in church. Crazy but true story of how you don't always have to know how to do something in order to do it.

I also helped build some giant dancing legs out of tuna cans. Crazier story about, um, building stuff out of tuna cans.

I pulled off some sort of personal best for getting stuff done at work. Like planning entire departments of a hospital in a single day, and then doing it again the next day.

We watched the Souvenir of Canada movie. It was pretty neat, in a low-budget, sort of boring, made for tv kinda way, but interesting to see Douglas Coupland and his parents. Being not Canadian, I guess I don't really get all of the Canadiana referencing. For that matter, being <30 and not from the west coast, there was even a lot of Canadiana that Leah didn't get either.

What else... I went and saw Citizen Cope on Saturday. I wasn't sure what to expect. The place was rammed with kids that looked like they were shipped in on some suburban frosh-week party bus, which was weird and somewhat annoying. The music was pretty good though. I was hoping for some more acoustic versions of his songs, and perhaps some Dylan era covers too... but judging by the guys behind me, who felt it was necessary to yell their, um, comments, after every song that wasn't one of the two radio singles, that would not have been giving the kids what they wanted.

What else... gave a short lecture at Humber on healthcare lighting design.

...and generally did way too many things for one week...

No comments: