Friday, November 10, 2006

End Week

This was a busy week.

Work is getting a bit hectic - I am working on a job renovating all the heart imaging pieces of Toronto General Hospital. Last week or so I crawled around wikipedia for about a day, reading about all the ways they can feed tubes through your body towards your heart, to take pictures / patch you up / feed you with xray sensitive dyes etc. It was pretty neat, and gross...

On Wednesday I took the day off to take part in a design exercise at the Design Exchange. A bunch of people were put into teams, and had to come up with ways to improve some ghetto part of the city, along with a couple of 'youths' from that neighbourhood. It was pretty interesting, and pretty hectic, 'cause we only had a few hours to brainstorm, develop, and present the ideas. My team was working with two people from the East Scarborough Boys and Girls Club. All the work will be presented at the DX some time in February...

Yesterday I had to teach at Humber. I gave a 30-40 minute lecture on the building code. This is about as dull as it sounds. Thankfully, nobody fell asleep, and nobody caught on to my relative ignorance. I guess I know (relatively) more than the students do, and more than 96% of the general public, probably, so as long as I look like I know what I'm doing, people hopefully learn stuff. This is, I guess, what teaching is all about.

I am also working on the 2006 Canstruction competition at work. This sounds neat and exciting, but is really just a lot of work. It is for a pretty cool event, at least, and involves a buch of firms designing and building things out of canned food. The sculptures are all on display for a couple of weeks, and then dismantled and distributed by the food bank.

What else...

The studio is gearing up... people are moving in... stuff is starting to happen. If anybody has a bunch of carpets/carpeting that they don't want, hook Leah and I up at once.

Leah and Trent will be performing live acoustic jams next weekend at Amanda and Manfred's party.

That is pretty much all...

2 comments:

ButterPeanut said...

hey, you guys want my black and white IKEA rug? It's kinda ugly and full of Binky, but I can vaccuum it...and the design might work in your space.

lemme know!

and if you are thinkingn it's the ugliest thing in the world, just pretend you never saw the comment.

Leah said...

No, we will gladly take it off your hands! Thanks Lisa!