Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Weekend Longue

On Friday, we went in search of Turkey - the cook-from-frozen-'cause-you-are-a-lazy-fool kind...

On Saturday we took the cat to the vet, 'cause that's just what we do on Saturdays. Afterwards I found an old Justin Rutledge CD at the Goodwill. We also picked up a cool red home-thrown tea-pot. Then we went shopping to feed a multitude.

By Sunday Leah was getting sick. To celebrate, she played and sang at church until her voice was almost gone. Then we went home and I made pumpkin pies - one regular, and one wife-friendly.

On Monday I got up just after 5 am, and put the frozen, prestuffed (lazy fool) turkey in the oven. Then I went back to bed for a few hours. After that we made the largest bowl of mashed potatoes that I have ever seen. We also made a mess of other Thanksgiving fixin's. A whole bunch of people came over and we ate a lot.

After cleaning everything up, I went to Mike's house to eat some more (Leah stayed home). I couldn't really cut it, despite the fact that they had made a huge amount of delicious food.

The end.

1 comment:

/dr. said...

such an awesome meal. i love you both.

/dr.