Friday, October 06, 2006

End Week Update


Friday..!

Yesterday was my first day at Humber. I will be working there one class a week as a teaching assistant in the Interior Design degree program. I think it will be a good experience, and I am looking forward to the next project (the current project is more or less wrapping up, so I am coming in at the end of things). The one drawback is the time that it takes out of my day, with the hour and a half commute each way, which I am expected to make up at work.

Today I rode my bike again (the rains from earlier in the week have abated). I thought it was a bit cold (I have yet to get my hands on/in some biker-appropriate gloves), until I got to the office and found out that it is just as cold here. What is up with this total piece-of-crap building?! I hope our rent is low.

This weekend is fake Thanksgiving. To celebrate we are going to have 20 million people over for a Thanksgiving-is-on-Monday? feast. It should be good, and luckily Leah can actually eat most good-old-wholesome-meal type foods.

In other news, Zellyn sent me a link to these suggested shirt ideas for the TTC. Obviously, they are way too cool for the insanely square TTC to actually go for (they showed zero interest in the ever-popular and genius station pins), so unless some DIY hipster types get busy, these will never see the light of day.

I think my favorites are the black streetcar shirt, the white daypass shirt (6 or 6 or 2), the white ringer with the four different coloured line dots, and the white metropass icon shirt. Also, the You're Not Invisible shirt is HILARIOUS.

I still like my 70s era MARTA shirt.

1 comment:

sue said...

whoa thanks for that hilarious ttc link!! i think they're all great -- you made good choices -- vomit comet!! from sheer familiarity i love PLEASE DO NOT BLOCK DOORWAY.

ps did you know there's a ttc swag shop in union station?