Friday, September 08, 2006

That logo's a no-go!

Sometimes at work, I take a break by spitting out a logo or new desktop wallpaper. Since my graphic design skills are pretty weak, and since I spend about a minute on them, they are usually kinda bad, and often amusing in how much they bite directly from other logos..! Here are a couple that will likely never be used.




So the first one has a kinda generic Chuck Taylor thing going on - maybe that's just the star - but I figure you could switch out the symbol in the middle for whatever wing-ding you prefer... a skull, a heart, a flaming something-or-other...

And the second one has a certain datedness to it (if I had real designer-tude, I might say timelessness!)... and its funny how it puts the string DMZ into our church name. Sadly, I'm not sure that I like it any less than our actual logo (my apologies to whoever did that one - it's just not my style, is all).

2 comments:

ButterPeanut said...

I like the top one; it looks kinda commie.

the FRDMZ one makes me think of KMFDM tshirts from the 90s.

Trent said...

KMFRDMZ ?!