Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The Gem


Monday night is once again the night to go to the Gem. I especially like the place in the fall and winter, 'cause it just seems more appropriate somehow. Hopefully we can maintain the critical mass necessary to keep it up - for the last few weeks it has been us and Rachel, with a rotating guest fourth person in attendance...

Last night, as we were getting ready to leave, the waiter/host/busboy/DJ/cash guy put on Gary Jules' version of Mad World, by Tears for Fears. I don't think I had heard it before (I have yet to see Donnie Darko...) Anyway, it is a pretty sweet song, and you can check it out at dude's myspace page. The music selection at the Gem is always pretty nice, since they have a stack of old vinyl at the cash register... (and it is probably the only place I have ever heard the Drive-By Truckers being played.)

Afterwards we went home, and I put on Songs from the Big Chair while I did the dishes.

No comments: