Monday, June 01, 2009

Blogging Fatigue

Read an article about some guy's thoughts on twitter here...

Personally, I don't know how or why I continue to check in to Blogger at least (only) once a week... I seem to have managed to maintain this discipline for much longer than any other (more useful) habit I have ever tried to cultivate.

Anyway - sometimes I still think back to the days of scribble.nu... and when writing, and the web for that matter, seemed to serve more of a personal creative purpose. I was also wondering recently if the internet will ever be something people opt out of in their homes... like people without a television. But I think there are far fewer people without a phone than without a tv, and this is probably a more accurate comparison. Maybe people will opt out of having a computer in the house - and will use their phones (the new computers) for email and for checking the weather, and for facebooking their lives...

But when (everyday) I see people walking down the street and typing into a little phone, sometimes I just stop and think, man, that has to be messed up somehow!

ANYWAY - the weekend... moved church from St Andrews to St Stephens (trading saints)... did some laundry... painted the entry hallway at home... had our last ever church service in the old building (FT Unplugged - some originals, mostly covers)...

4 comments:

Me said...

How "pre-vocoder-Bon-Iver" of you.

Trent said...

Nobody remembers that there is vocoder on For Emma...

Reeve said...

"some originals, mostly covers"

teehee

sue said...

THE NEW WEBSITE IS SO NICE