Monday, November 10, 2008

Weekend

Friday night was practice.

On Saturday, Leah and I walked along Queen street from Roncesvales to Ossington. We went into a few antique stores and art galleries, and ended up having lunch in a small cafe.

That evening we went to see Changeling with Brad and Sarah. My recommendation would be that you do not watch this movie. I don't understand the fairly positive reviews this one got. (I didn't understand what was supposed to be good about Mystic River either). Clint Eastwood seems to be mistaken for a good filmmaker simply by telling miserable/horrible stories. And then, in this case, cranking up the drama as much as possible. I actually threw my hands up on multiple occasions. I suppose I shouldn't go to see a Clint Eastwood movie if I want subtlety and nuance. Or good storytelling. Or anything other than badass tough guys.

I don't understand how the same guy made A Perfect World.

On Sunday - I cooked a whole bunch of food, and then a whole bunch of people came over for dinner after church.

1 comment:

the color j said...

i kind of liked mystic river, although i still cant figure out why.
did you see letters from iwo jima?