Monday, March 10, 2008

Weekend

Leah spent the weekend sick and on the couch.

The weather spent the weekend snowing some more. I was at the laundromat and noticed an article in the paper about how the last time there was this much snow in Toronto was some time in the 1930's.

It was also Canadian Music Week, which means pretty much nothing to most people, as far as I know. I did make it out to a free in-store appearance at (the other) Criminal Records, to see Julie Doiron, Canada's leading lady of nineties alternative music, play some of her solo songs. Opening acts where Calm Down Its Monday (with Julie on drums), and the Superfantastics. I left before the last band (Dog Day). Overall it was pretty fun - and I couldn't help but notice that even the kids were sounding kinda 90's. Some guy took some pictures...

On Saturday evening I hiked through blizzard conditions to support friend Kate, and her ongoing efforts with DreamNorth... her friends' theatre company dedicated to bringing Shakespeare plays to parts of Canada that I hope to never experience (at least not in the winter). The event was a fundraiser at Fort York, and the snow seemed somehow appropriate...

Sunday was church - where I got to try my hand behind the sound-board. I hadn't run sound for quite a while, and it was a bit frustrating at first. Once everything was finally working, those in attendance where at my mercy, as I aligned levels to my own personal preferences...

Today I am a bit sluggish, given that it is Monday, and that the time change means waking up in the dark again. Luckily, Delvyn (I miss my family), sent through the pre-release version of the Sparrow Love Crew EP, for my listening pleasure.

1 comment:

the color j said...

damn i miss the 90s. im waiting for the return of baggy pants and flannel shirts. word. oh yeah, bright colors and geometric haircuts were awesome too.