Friday, September 21, 2007

talk20



A while back Zellyn sent me a link about Pecha Kucha; 20 powerpoint slides, 20 seconds per slide, 6 mins and 40 seconds of presentation, total.

Yesterday I found out about talk20 - it was free, it was at the Drake... so I decided to check it out.

Turns out it was really cool. There were presentations from a number of groups whose work I had already seen online (thanks to core77 and archinect)... as well as a bunch of others. The work ranged from spatial design to furniture to glitch-art to fixtures to urban exploration to landscape to straight-up hipster-art.

If you haven't seen this guys site yet, check out some sweet pics of the sewers of Toronto (and other places)...
These guys were funny.
And this site is something I need to check out when I have some time (since I ran my first ever Processing script yesterday).

Here are links to all of the participants... all in all it was pretty inspiring.

There is another round coming up Nov 1, if anyone wants to go with me...

1 comment:

Zellyn said...

If you're a Mac person, NodeBox is very cool too. Sort of like Processing, but with Python as a programming language.