Friday, December 01, 2006

Friday...

So... I've heard of having a 'case of the Mondays'... but sometimes its Friday when I just cannot buckle down and concentrate. This makes for a long day...

But it also makes for more links on this here blog, so let's see:

Here's an article on the phenomenon of burnout... somewhat interesting, although it did serve as a reminder that most industrialized nations give workers at least 5 weeks of vacation time a year. One groundbreaking US company is helping its employees avoid burnout by granting them an 8 week leave, every 7 years or so...

And here is one I am about to listen to... Ever since I learned about the phenomenon in Japan of kids dropping out of society, I have been kinda fascinated. I don't know much about Japanese culture, outside the odd article or two that I have read on the noise scene, or one that I read on archetypal heroes in Japanese stories... but everything that I do read is really foreign and bizarre...

Also, everything I read by Chaim Potok (which is about 2 books, one of which I am rereading right now), is seriously good.

Also, I obviously have nothing much to say... so have a good weekend!

2 comments:

ButterPeanut said...

I also have a case of the Fridays, which is why I am on your blog mere seconds after you posted.

did you mean to make the "here is one" link the link to office space?

Trent said...

um, no..!
Ok, fixed...