Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Feast



Last night, the pastors/elders/intercessors/deaconizors from church had our Christmas dinner. It was extremely delicious - and probably the fancy-pantsiest food I have ever eaten in all my life.

(other fancy-pants/notable meals in my life, off the top of my head, include:

Real-deal Hawaiian luau party for a one-year old. This is traditionally a big deal in Hawaiian culture, 'cause you didn't die as a baby. Among other things, I ate salad with raw fish liver in it.

Leah and I ate at a sort-of fancy place once - I think it was for valentine's day. I think I ordered goose, or was it duck..?

My one time ever in New York, some friends and I ate at this place designed by young famous architects, in a building designed by an old famous architect... I ordered mussels, and I managed to fill THREE large dinner plates with heaps of empty shells, before I finally gave up on finishing my meal.

Once Joe and Becky Kirby cooked the craziest steaks ever at their house. EVER.

Our friend Katherine's birthday party... we went with a largish group to an Indian restaurant, and her mom ordered enough food for roughly 3-4 times the number of people that were there. Eventually there was literally no room on the table for the dishes that kept arriving. It was like a feast from Homer/the Bible...

Eats, Atlanta. 1/2 chicken plate, with beans, rice, cornbread, and tea. OK, so it's not that fancy, but it still kicks booty, and served as the back-drop for some of my finest college eating.)



Tomorrow we leave for Texas... I am looking forward to the break.

1 comment:

the color j said...

jerk chicken flushed down with PBR, man i love EATS.