Thursday, April 28, 2011

Ringgold





Last night the town that my family lived in when we moved to the USA was hit by a tornado. That first video is shot by a guy I graduated highschool with (and the first other Trent I think I ever met).

The damage looks insane. Our old house has long been replaced by a car dealership, but the neighbours' house looks like it was totally destroyed in that overhead video footage.

A motel (I think it's the one my brother worked at in highschool) collapsed, and the strip of restaurants and gas stations off of the highway looks pretty devastated.




The images and video are surreal to see, and last night I kept checking facebook and reading peoples' status updates as they took shelter in basements and worried about family and friends.

1 comment:

sue said...

That is insane.