Tuesday, July 06, 2010

long weekend

Hope everybody had a good Canada Day / 4th of July / Pride weekend...

I decided to work all of last week and take Monday off. On Friday I got off at lunch time - so overall it was a 3 1/2 day weekend...

Which I kicked off by going grocery shopping. On the way back from No Frills I stopped in at the library, where I watched the last 20 minutes of regulation play in the Ghana/Uraguay game (the quietest soccer fans are at the library!) When it went into overtime, I went home and put the groceries away, and then went to the local Portuguese bakery to watch the rest of what turned into a heartbreaking defeat for Ghana...

On Saturday I got up early and took the subway up to Yorkdale to meet Cyril and his boys and get a ride out to our church camping trip location, where we hung out for the day. We played soccer, volleyball, and ultimate, had a barbecue, lit a fire, swam in the lake (not me - it was FREEZING), and had a good time. I got a ride back with Andrew and Esther, and got home sunburned and tired at around 1am.

Sunday - I got up early and went to church. For the rest of the day I just hung out at home, and then that night I rode my bike over to Yonge street. I forgot that it was Pride weekend, so there were quite a few crazy revellers still out.

Monday - I did some cleaning... and then later bought some more groceries and went over to Andrew and Esther's for dinner. On the way home I stopped in at Value Village and bought a couple of shirts...

Also - the weather all weekend was great. It is HOT (it was 30 degrees in the living room when I got up this morning!)

That is all...
Leah comes home tomorrow!!

1 comment:

sue said...

It is HOT here too but I am not as enthusiastic about it as you are. 101 today!!