Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Midweek weekend update

Since it was a long weekend, and Leah has reading week this week, we decided to make the most of things and go away for the weekend...

So on Friday I raced home from work, took a shower and ate dinner, and then we headed to the Greyhound station for the overnight bus to NYC.
Ten or so hours later we ended up at Penn Station at roughly 6.30am.

Our main reason for the trip was to visit Sue, so we headed up towards her apartment. We stopped on the way at Tom's Diner, for breakfast, and also because it was too early to do much of anything else.
We spent the rest of Saturday hanging out with Sue - we went to the Jewish Museum (Man Ray), ordered in some sushi, and then ended up going to a crazy four man juggling show starring Sue's building superintendent (!).

On Sunday Leah and I went to MoMA. It was really busy, but really amazing. Their collection is crazy, and I could spend a week in there. Afterwards we headed over to Trinity Grace in Chelsea. We were early so we ended up walking around before church. Leah bought some long-johns at American Apparel (the same ones that Janeane Garofalo recently bought there, according to the salesperson!)

Church was great, despite a monster headache that I developed over the course of the afternoon. Afterwards, we went to a Thai restaurant for dinner.

On Monday we headed down to Sue's office to meet her for lunch. Her office looks out at the Empire State Building across the street, which is crazy! Afterwards Leah and I headed over to Queens to the PS1 gallery. It is a really fun place, and we ended off the afternoon in the James Turrell room staring up at the art/sky...

Afterwards we headed back to Penn Station. We grabbed some dinner, and then got back on a bus and headed back to Canada...

All in all it was a lot of fun. Many thanks to Sue (and her gracious roommate, Molly) for hosting us. It was really great to see Sue and get to see a little of her new life!


After we got back we headed home and went to bed (I took Tuesday off...) That evening was a Freechurch coffeehouse event... Leah and I each played a few songs, and then Your Heart played a set... which was a crazy way to end off a busy and fun looong weekend.

5 comments:

ButterPeanut said...

Isn't it awesome to go see Sue's NYC life? When I went there I just kept thinking, "God hooked all this up."

Also, I have met Sue's super -- she's really cool!

Trent said...

maybe not the super then?! (this was a guy...) the building something-or-other..?!

Trent said...

...and yes - God hooked all that up!!!

sue said...

I can't believe I haven't read this post until today! Clearly I am neglecting Blogs.

I am so glad you Hunters came to visit, it was really wonderful to see you (and have you see my life here - New York forever - and yes, God hooked it ALL up in his great kindness).

!!

:)

sue said...

Oh, and the juggler was my building manager, Mark - and maybe LtK met one my supers - they are both women.