Monday, January 25, 2010

The Fake News

On Friday I skipped out on the Interior Design Show and went to Regis College to meet Leah for the annual Regis College CultureFest. We ate assorted foods with her classmates and faculty, and then there was a short program that was basically a talent show of sorts.
On Saturday morning I went grocery shopping while Leah did the laundry. I bought all the ingredients for a recipe to make food for a mass of people who were coming over on Sunday. Sadly, our oven is one that our landlord got a 'good deal' on - and the food was pretty much destroyed.
In the afternoon I went to watch Avatar. I had read enough reviews to have a fairly low expectation in terms of plot - so I was actually pleasantly surprised. Really, I went to see the 3D craziness - which I have to say was pretty amazing. Overall - I would definitely recommend seeing it (to anybody who actually hasn't seen it yet!) - I might recommend it even in 2D, but you really should see it in 3.
On Sunday we went to church in the morning, and then had an elders' meeting. Afterwards, I went grocery shopping again. And then we cooked food again for all the people who were still coming over for dinner (which was delicious and fun).

In other news...
Check out Andrew singing for joy...

No comments: