Monday, July 20, 2009

weekend



Friday - there was a show at the Woods' house. I was tired but it was fun.
Saturday - we had breakfast with D&J at Billy's, which is always good. Afterwards we walked to the Annex with Jen. I got my hair cut by an old barber - I can understand about 25% of what he says to me while he is cutting my hair. We ended up at BMV, where I bought a book and Leah bought a CD. On the way back we walked past the temporary garbage dump at Christie Pitts Park. It is getting gross in this city.
Our upstairs neighbour was rebagging the garbage behind our house when we got home. Critters have been getting into stuff and it was getting nasty.
Sunday - Leah went to play music at our first morning church service. After helping carry her gear to StStephens, I walked into the market. Sunday morning coffee on a patio is way better than church...
When we got home, I watched Slacker. I have been meaning to watch this for years - and it did not disappoint. I have a high Linklater (excessive rambling dialogue) tolerance - and this is now maybe my 2nd fave movie of his (next to Before Sunrise). It sort of made me want to move somewhere a little more sprawling and a little slower paced.
Church was pretty good, and afterwards we went to Rancho Relaxo with the Woods.

It still isn't summer in Toronto - and I'm beginning to think we're just not getting one this year.

1 comment:

sue said...

You didn't really get one last either.

PS I thought of/prayed for you all for your morning church this weekend!