Monday, March 23, 2009

W33K3ND

Mystery Train

On Friday night we went over to David and Jen's. We ate delicious food (as always) and watched Happy Go Lucky. I really liked this movie...

On Saturday I did laundry in the morning, and we went grocery shopping in the afternoon. I also bought the Saint Etienne Travel Edition CD.

That night I was kinda bored, and ended up renting Mystery Train. We watched 2/3 of it before going to sleep. I love the first third with the Japanese rockabilly kids making a pilgrimage to Memphis...

On Sunday, I finally reassembled the record player table, with Leah's help. It took quite a bit of swearing on my part before things were together and not too crooked.

I was on setup for church - which went pretty well. We had a guest preacher (Joe Manifo), and after the service he showed a documentary that he made on churches in Canada (he himself is a church planter in Sarnia). It was well done and interesting. After that there was a panel discussion starring David, Justin Broadbent, John Franklin (of Imago), and Joe, about faith and the arts. It was excellently moderated by Jen McNaughton, and actually super interesting. After tear-down, it was really late and I had a wicked headache.

No comments: