Monday, February 23, 2009

wweekkeenndd

Leah was (is) away all last week and for the weekend.

Friday night I stayed home, and went to bed somewhat early.
Saturday I got up and went to Ikea. I bought a bunch of stuff (some lights, picture frames, sheets etc.) and then went home to get it all set up, Trading Spaces style. Afterwards, I went to the paint store and bought another gallon of brown paint. After I had the living room prepped, Pants called to see if I wanted to go bowling that evening. I had a few hours, so I decided to try my hand at speed painting...
Bowling was fun. I still don't understand why it is so hard to find a bowling alley in Toronto (well - I sort of understand that they are big, and renting that much office space must bring in WAY more money than renting old shoes and selling cheap beer...) Anyway - this one was in some random basement up near Lawrence and Bathurst..?
On Sunday I got up early and hit the living room with a second coat of paint. I decided to NOT do laundry (in spite of a fairly dire laundry situation), 'cause I figured I needed to relax for at least a part of the weekend. So I sabbathed around town aimlessly for a few hours (stopping in at Sears to buy socks).
After church I rented Before Sunrise - which I had somehow never seen. I have a fairly high Linklater tolerence factor - and this one had a high Decent-Babble:Pretentious-Babble ratio. I really enjoyed it, and I believe I will have to now rent Before Sunset...

Tonight: Laundro-geddon.

No comments: