Monday, January 19, 2009

Weekend Update

So the big news was of course the power outage. Thurday night at 10, to Friday night at around the same time, we had no power at home, and therefore no heat.

I had a deadline at work, so I abandoned Leah to deal with things on her own, which sucked. The main concern was that by the afternoon, when the temperature in the house was down to 5 or 6, the cats were starting to show signs of coldness. Eventually Mike Wood drove over and picked up Leah and the cats, and we spent the evening at their place.
The house pretty much took all night to warm back up to normal.

On Saturday, Leah went to a baby shower, and I went to the laundromat. That night we went back to the Wood's for a party.

On Sunday, Leah played music at churches ALL DAY. I went to the Common, and then walked all along Queen street, from Dufferin to Spadina. I also finally bought the Bon Iver CD. I thought it might be the right soundtrack for surviving the winter.

1 comment:

sue said...

That's psychotic!!!! Why did that happen? The poor kittens!

We are totally unprepared for stuff not to work. I guess I would try to use my fireplace. My parents lost power once for four days during that big Ice Storm in like 99 or whenever - they cooked over the fire in the fireplace.