Friday, May 16, 2008

Giger




I was talking to mom and dad on the phone last night, about their recent trip to Switzerland and Siberia.
Dad was telling me about visiting the tiny village of Gruyères, Switzerland. Apparantly there is an art museum in the village, and dad told me about a large sculpture of a gun loaded with little metal people instead of bullets.

So I looked it up. Turns out the museum they saw is the H.R.Giger museum! I had no idea that he was Swiss, and would never have guessed that the museum would be in a tiny mountain village. This would explain the black clothed pierced kids that mom says were hanging around the place - this is probably an international mecca for nightmare obsessed goth kids!

You of course know him best for his Alien movie sets... but check out that gun sculpture - it's actually pretty cool...

No comments: