Monday, May 05, 2008

...

On Friday night we went to the Jays game... we were in about the 6th row, behind the first base, which was pretty fun.

Saturday was all about chores. I finished doing the taxes, and then filed this year's and last year's US taxes... Since we exempt all of our income as foreign, US taxes are mostly just an exercise in beaurocracy, with no money actually changing hands.
Afterwards, we celebrated by going to the laundromat!

On Sunday, I woke up at 5 and took various buses to Yonge and Eglinton. Luckily for me, one of the buses never showed up. I had to wait at Eglinton and Marlee for about 45 mins. When the next bus came, it was crammed with runners and pissed off shift workers who were late for work.
After that, I ran 10 kilometres... It was cool to see the endless river of runners down Yonge street, as far as you could see. I finished with a time of 50.56, which I think is pretty good considering I went running all of 3 times to train... I came in number 3450.

We were on setup for church, and I ran sound... so by the end of the day, I was pretty much wiped out.

3 comments:

Me said...

Little running man! Run little man RUN!

sue said...

Leah is funny. And maybe you will come visit me!!!!

10k is a nice distance.

ButterPeanut said...

the same thing (with the buses) happened to me and D from the I when we ran the toronto half. We ended up hitchhiking to the starting line.