Monday, October 22, 2007

The Weekend

You know the deal:

Friday - we went out for Korean food for dinner, and then rented the Color Purple... old school, featuring, among others, Oprah Winfrey. Despite that, it is a pretty good story... I hadn't watched it since high-school, and I didn't realize how overly dramatic some of the scenes are (in my opinion, at least)

Saturday was the church annual general meeting. It was a good meeting, but too long.

I sort of hoped to watch the world cup rugby final afterwards, but instead I went in to the office and prepared lecture material for today's classes. Turns out South Africa won the world cup - not that I care about rugby, but it would have been kinda fun to watch.

Sunday was church - afterwards Jeremy and Bradley came over, and we ate sushi from Hosu bistro. That place is killer, btw. Then we stayed up a bit too late for having to get up at 6. Not that people had to get up at 6. Except for me.


Turns out students don't particularly mind if their 3 hour class doesn't go for the full 3 hours (at least, those that mind are pretty quiet about it...) Today we talked about both metal and glass, all in just over an hour.

No comments: