Monday, June 11, 2007

Weekend

a house in progress
It's Monday morning, and I'm avoiding the beginning of my work day.
Let's ease into it with the weekend recap...

On Friday I get off work at noonish - but I stuck around to work on a competition entry that I will hopefully develop enough to enter (deadline is July 23rd). The little house that you see above is all I have done so far (don't worry, I'm going to add windows!) I am modelling each stud, and will then add each sheet of drywall inside, and cladding outside (every brick?)... then all I have to do is explode all the individual elements into a zillion peices, and animate the process of going from one state (whole) to the other (totally shattered)...
Yeah - the competition is kind of a weird one (the title is RUPTURE, and one of the judges is Lebbeus Woods)... we'll see if I can get it done in time.

On Saturday we went and looked at a pretty nice apartment that is too far away from where we would like to live. Afterwards we biked all the way back home, via Fresh, where we ate lunch.
That evening we watched Lucky Number Slevin. For some reason I felt like watching an action kinda movie... It was alright, in a kinda-too-graphic-but-with-a-pretty-decent-plot kinda way...

Sunday - church was kinda crazy - I was drumming, and for whatever reason was playing most of the evening pretty far beyond the level of my normal/safe capabilities. The whole time I felt like I could totally lose it at any moment... and it was indeed pretty messy here and there... it was scary and funny, but it seemed to work well. We had a guest speaker preaching/teaching - and it was pretty interesting. Dr William Webb is apparantly a hugely controversial theologian - he has written a book called Slaves, Women & Homosexuals, and he introduced us to his approach to examining the Old Testament. In particular he addressed some of the difficult parts about beating slaves, seizing women, killing babies, genocide etc. which the bible appears to endorse!
The sermon should be up some time on the website - if you want to check it out...

Afterwards we went for sushi/Korean food with a good bunch of church peeps.

No comments: