Monday, June 04, 2007

It's Monday

This morning I came in to work at the new office. The place is pretty much still under construction, but overall it is pretty nice. It feels more large-urban-design-firm than the old office did. I should try to get some pictures up or something...

The weekend...
...was long, 'cause Friday was a day off (for moving). I rode my bike down to Second Cup, went to some used CD stores and bookstores, and then met Leah for lunch. That evening, we dropped by the Madison to say goodbye to Lisa. There was a huge posse there to celebrate the successful defending of the PhD thesis, complete with free-flowing drinks and equation cupcakes.
It was tragic to see Lisa leaving.
Afterwards, Sue and Leah and I walked down to take a look at the ROM spectacle...

Saturday - we went to help Josh pack up his family's things and move away. We arrived as the last of the bicycles was being shoe-horned into the van, and just in time for some sandwiches. After that we hung out with Becky for a while... and then biked home through Kensington. That evening we played some church music.

Sunday - church was fun. Setup was a little stressful (not really for me!, but for some people) and I had fun playing the drums. Andrew is back, and played the upright bass, Anne sang backup, Leah lead on acoustic guitar, and Brad played space guitar... it was rad! I had to laugh every time I looked out to see our church congregation mostly just standing there... I am still not used to how reserved these people can be!

And that is about it for now...

2 comments:

Leah said...

What the heck is with the standing there???? Do I sound that bad???

sue said...

no you don't sound bad -- sunday was awesome.