Monday, February 06, 2006

Logo Design

So last year I entered a logo-design competition for the New Orleans Restoration Fund, an entertainment industry charity raising money for NO. I thought that some of the winning designs were pretty weak (ie not as good as mine!), but since I am not really a graphic designer, I didn't waste too much energy on it.

I kept checking back, 'cause they said they were going to post all the entries in December, and I wanted to take a look. In December, nothing was posted, and I forgot about it. Anyway - today I went to take a look, and I am listed as one of the third place winners. Now - since this is not on the main page, which clearly states that there were 9 winners (I would be sliding in at number 11), I'm going to assume that I was at least considered/short-listed as a potential third place winner!

The other funny thing is that the design shown was my initial concept, which I submitted before refinement (you could submit multiple designs, so I figured I'd submit my initial idea, as well as future iterations of it). The design which I preferred is nowhere to be seen. In retrospect, maybe the simplicity of the first one was better.

No comments: