Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Give Thanks

On Friday night we went over to D&J's house. J fed us delicious food, and we watched Synecdoche New York. I don't even know what synecdoche means, and that pretty much sets the tone for the whole movie. I really liked it though (even if nobody else did!)

On Saturday we went to look at an apartment. We aren't really moving, but we decided this place was worth seeing. It is in Kensington, in the house right beside the one Leah lived in when she first moved here 10 years ago. The bedroom was pretty nice, and the kitchen was ok, but the living room was sort of... small. Actually there wasn't a living room.

On the way to Kensington, I noticed that District 9 was playing at the Royal. After dinner I biked there (I told Leah that it involved aliens and not to bother watching it...) Turns out it was pretty fun... the plot was sort of far-fetched (yeah, I know, it's about aliens... but still), the visual style was pretty cool and unexpectedly gross, and the humour struck me as fairly south african, somehow. I found myself laughing at stuff that apparantly wasn't that funny to the other (10 or so) people in the theatre.

On Sunday we went to the Common, and to No Frills. After church we went to Nirvana with Tim and Kate, which was fun. And on Monday, I baked one million pies while Leah worked on a paper. That evening we went to the Woods for a Thanksgiving dinner...

In other news, have you seen this man...

1 comment:

ButterPeanut said...

whoa, "this man" is creep as all hell. NOW that I've looked at this website for 10 minutes, I'll probably dream about him.