Monday, September 28, 2009

longest running (least read) weekend update on the internets

This weekend was pretty busy but good.

On Friday Leah camped out at the geek-fest Long and Mcquade sale to pick me up a Boss RC2 looping pedal. I have used it a bit, and it is pretty fun. She was the only girl waiting in line, although I'm guessing she didn't have the longest hair...

On Saturday, I went to get a haircut, and then stopped by Honest Ed's Funhouse for some tasty paint stripper. I managed to make some good progress on the front door, which is close to being ready to sand and varnish. D&J came over for dinner, and D managed to almost die of cat allergy.

On Sunday I went on an adventure that I have been putting off for a while. We sort of need a new computer. Our previous desktop has served us excellently (it is going on 6 years old, which is like 200 in computer years...), but with Leah in school it made some serious sense to jump on the tiny laptop bandwagon. I hate having to buy technology things when I feel inadequately informed to make a good decision - but after a bit of biking around and talking to about 300 computer guys, I scored a shiny new ACER netbook. It only took me the rest of the afternoon to uninstall all the useless clutter and strip it down to a browser+media player machine... (although somehow I can't seem to get rid of Windows Movie editor???).

ANYWAY. Church was pretty good. And that was the most geeked-out weekend ever...

2 comments:

sue said...

I always read your weekend update.

!!!!!!!!!!!!

mamakat said...

yes, I too am a weekend update lurker...